McConnell Air Force Base
CALMAC thermal energy storage slashes peak demand for 24-Hour cooling operations at the Kansas Air National Guard, McConnell Air Force Base.
System shifts load during peak demand, offloading the cost of round-the-clock cooling.
CALMAC, a leader in energy storage systems announced the successful installation of its IceBank® thermal energy storage tanks at McConnell Air Force Base (AFB) in Wichita, Kansas.
CLICK HERE to read more.
Dodge City Schools
Overhauling the old HVAC system at Central Elementary School, Dodge City, Kansas, ushered in a new era of energy savings, cost savings and comfort. By pairing Mitsubishi Electric Water-source VRF with geothermal technology, the school district claimed $215,000 in grant and rebate money and earned ENERGY. STAR® certification. The district was so pleased with the project and its positive effects on student experience that they selected the same Mitsubishi Electric equipment for another school in the district – Wilroads Elementary School. Wilroads also earned ENERGY STAR certification and saw lowered utility bills and improved student experience. (Download the PDF below to read more(link is external). You’ll hear from the school district’s energy manager, executive director of business and maintenance director, as well as the electrical engineer. You’ll also see photos of the school and equipment.
Dodge City Schools
Project Location: Dodge City, Kansas Completion Date: August 2013 (Wilroads Elementary School), August 2012 (Central Elementary School)
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineer: Integrated Consulting Engineers, Inc., Wichita, Kansas
- Distributor: Knipp Equipment, Wichita, Kansas
- Mechanical Contractor: Tatro Plumbing Company, Inc., Garden City, Kansas
Mitsubishi Electric Equipment Installed (Central Elementary School):
- (4) PQRY WR2-Series Water-source Condensing Units
- (7) PEFY Ceiling-concealed Ducted Indoor Units
- (20) PLFY 4-Way Ceiling-recessed Cassette Indoor Units
- (3) PMFY 1-Way Ceiling-recessed Cassette Indoor Units
- (2) PVFY Concealed Vertical Indoor Units
Mitsubishi Electric Equipment Installed (Wilroads Elementary School):
- (2) PQRY WR2-Series Water-source Condensing Units,
- (16) PLFY 4-Way Ceiling-recessed Cassette Indoor Units,
- (10) PMFY 1-Way Ceiling-recessed Cassette Indoor Units